Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Down to the Wire

What does one do when she is mere hours away from becoming a mother.....?

Oddly enough, I'm reading about crickets. I'm shocked to learn how complex they are, and that people actually make a living off of studying crickets. Our house has loads of crickets, and I hear in the desert that's not such a bad thing....tons of crickets= no scorpions (or so I've heard). And just FYI, I saw a teeny tiny baby cricket on my bathroom counter....so little, so cute, awww!

This all started because I left a wax strip on the floor and OT found a cricket stuck to it- and sadly, that cricket was dead. So, I'm a cricket killer...and apparently cricket killers don't have bad luck. You need to understand that this wasn't first or second degree cricket murder, if anything it was involuntary cricket manslaughter. We were imagining a cricket tribunal- lots of crickets and cricket chirping...would I be entitled to a translator....how the hell would that work?

This is more than likely my last post for a bit, I'm going to disappear off into babyland.
Take care, blog world :o)

3 comments:

bunzi said...

good luck in babyland! :)

SquishyCuteStuff said...

Congrats! That last month seems to last forever, huh? Before long, you will have a beautiful little baby in your arms... then the REAL fun begins ♥

astral said...

I wish you all the best!! Welcome to the world Owen!!! I look forward to updates.
All my love to you and your family.