Tuesday, July 29, 2008

And what goes into this bag....?

I had an OB appointment today, my first internal. I was completely freaked about the internal exam because I made the mistake of googling it. It wasn't so bad. I'd much rather have an internal exam than a pelvic ultrasound or another IUI (I cringe just thinking about the IUI).

I will be 36 weeks this Friday. I am 1.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I really have no idea what that means, but I guess for a first pregnancy/labor the 80% effaced is important. So I was told to have my bags packed. This woman even said to me "I'd be surprised if you make it past 36 weeks...". I'm thinking, just because she said this, it is the ultimate jinx. Now I'm doomed to sit in anticipation for the next four weeks.

Cross your fingers and hope he decides to come out soon. My nightmare is a 42 week induction.

3 comments:

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

A baby a baby!! I saw your banner, and swooned for you!!!! I am sure, with deep breaths, everything will come as planned. Wait, is that something someone says who has never had a baby?? hahaaa

All I can say is, childbirth, even child conception, is astounding to me. I know it happens everyday, but i stomp my feet and say NO! THIS is INCREDIBLE!!! Unreal, and Wonderful!! So congrats, you have hugs cherleading support from my corner ;)

Scrumpkin said...

It is all very amazing. Add in some fertility drugs and a bit of science and it gets even more amazing! It is very strange how your body seems to have a mind of its own.

Thanks for the baby love :o)

bunzi said...

so so exciting.. :)