Tuesday, July 8, 2008

How does this happen?

Do you ever hear a song that just kind of grounds you and takes you back?



Yes, well, I can thank Tom Petty for my temporary state of enlightenment. If only things were as easy as this song. This takes me back about seven years, when I was on my own for the first time. Other than being completely broke, my life was fantastic. Somewhere in between then an now I've become so totally jaded and a huge control freak. The middle class has ruined me. The suburbs have ruined me, seeing people die has ruined me.... *sigh*

Sorry to be so uplifting this early in the morning...
But for real....you have no idea what I would give to be sitting in a field in the middle of Vermont picking flowers and hanging out with my two favorite people.

1 comments:

K @ ourboxofrain said...

My husband and I go to see Tom Petty every summer for a bit of that grounding -- for me, it's less any one song and more the whole Petty vibe (seriously -- the man is old as sin but you'd never know it; if only he could bottle it and sell it to the rest of us). I too have a strong tendency toward the jaded control freak. But I do find that in the weeks that follow each summer's Petty show, I feel as though a weight has been lifted.