Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Sewing

Lately I've been kind of crazy for these pencil skirts in a classic fabrics with a twist in the form of a border at the bottom. They are super easy to make and even easier to wear with an elastic waist. For my birthday I ordered some sweet prints from Superbuzzy and I am just happily sewing away....

(You are going to have to excuse my nasty, swollen pregnancy feet. I'd just like to add, for my own selfish vanity reasons, this picture was taken after an eight hour crazy ass shift at the hospital, AND I'm pregnant. I don't really think my feet are that wide and vein-y in normal, non-pregnant, life)




How I find the energy to do anything is beyond me. Pregnancy kicks my ass. My mother-in-law claims to have felt amazing, even better than normal, while pregnant. I say that is a LIE. I love this little person, but I will love him even more when he gets the hell out of me. And let's just add that whole "coming out of me thing" to my little pile of stress....ever googled '4th degree tear'? Yeah. Ouch. Makes me want to schedule a c-section (which, I might add, would be perfect for my controlling personality. The fact that this defective body of mine has the responsibility of birth is quite frightening).

I'm going to sign off now, because I hate when people ramble. And I'm rambling, as I always do...

2 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

Don't google 4th degree tears.

You don't even WANT to know. That being said, I'm fine now.

Scrumpkin said...

Yeah, a little too late for that piece of advice...already googled.

I found out today that he's breech, so I'm crossing my fingers he doesn't move...in that case, c-section, here I come!