Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Easy Way Out

I'm wimping out, I've scheduled an elective induction.
As I've come to find out, everyone has an opinion on this (much like breastfeeding). What gets me the most are women with no pregnancy/childbearing experience with such strong opinions on these matters.

Both are personal choices and I'm sometimes shocked that complete strangers and/or acquaintances ask such questions. I've had an entire day of complete irritation, I think the "bitch switch" has been flipped. I will be sure to turn off the bitch switch when we go into the hospital, being mean to people that insert your IV and give you pain meds probably isn't wise...trust- I know this from personal experience.

With all that being said, we are very excited.
I'll still be around for a bit, but I am counting down the days....

4 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I'm actually laughing that you think an elective induction is wimping out.

You do know that they induce LABOR,right. Which is anything but easy.

Don't be so hard on yourself. :-)

So will Owen be a Leo or a Virgo?

Unknown said...

Congratulations and best of luck when the clock ticks down to zero!

mushroommeadows said...

exciting indeed!!

bunzi said...

wow weeee! love your new site design!