Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Updates

I saw my OB and she gave me a script for Zoloft. As much as I don't like the idea of taking such a medication, the way I feel is amazing. I feel like myself again. This past Monday I met with a NP (nurse practitioner) that specializes in psychiatry. She immediately wrote me a script for 100mg of zoloft even though I told her I feel fine on the 50 mg. This made me a bit uneasy. What upsets me most of all is that my current issues were not even addressed. She focused on my past. After asking about how long I'd need the zoloft she said two to five years!!! I understand that my past can influence the present, but I feel that I have effectively worked through those issues. They not longer haunt/bother me on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. I gained an objective understand which I seem to have lost postpartum.

I am feeling surprisingly much better. I've been taking the medication for about two weeks now. My plan is to go forward living life and deal with what comes. As for the present I am happy and we are all doing well. Thanks to everyone for their emails and comments, they are very much appreciated.

We found an amazing deal to fly to Boston in the spring. Usually I would be beyond excited. I am so nervous to fly with Owen due to safety reasons. I have nightmares about crashes. I drool over airsafe.com all day and night. I read the statistics but they don't really calm me.

I have a feeling that my postings here will be few and far between. I update almost daily on flickr so if you're interested in following me and getting updates just come on over!

2 comments:

Kir said...

so glad you are feeling better, I've heard good things about Zoloft and if that what it takes to feel like "you" again, then it's worth it.

We flew with the boys in Oct, when they were nine months old..I was too tired to be scared. LOL. Honestly, I know how scary it is, you worry, wonder, pray, etc. Yep a whole other human being is in your care now (in my case two!) and it's overwhelming to think about them needing so much from you and you being able to realize that life without them is unimaginable.

post when you can, email when you can. I'm here for you. :)

bunzi said...

glad u are doing well.